Monday, November 7, 2011

Misc.

It was a picture-perfect day to be out and about in downtown Asheville today.  There were a lot of people out enjoying the fantastic weather.

A little dog learning to drive.

Some musicians trying to earn a living.

No clue!

A beautiful window.


This was a peaceful group of folks exercising their First Amendment right.  They marched in solidarity with Occupy Asheville against the Keystone XP Pipeline, a proposed oil pipeline that would stretch from Canada through Texas.  I joined them for a little while, but when I saw some police officers, I decided I really wasn't in the mood to get arrested!  Jail just would not work for me!  (Plus, I don't like the little orange outfits they make you wear.)  I admire these people who have the guts to stand up against the government and for what's right -- good for them!





This guy had a protest all his own going on.


Some nice artwork


Pretty Red Leaves 


A FANTASTIC vegan Reuben sandwich for
lunch at the Laughing Seed Cafe!