Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Triple Falls (Dupont State Forest)

This is the second of two falls I hiked to in the Dupont State Forest (there's a third falls that I will do another day).

Triple Falls is actually 3 falls right on top of each other.  It was hard to photograph all 3 together, but it is really beautiful to see them all.  The hike up to Triple Falls isn't too far (about 1/2 mile), but it gets a little challenging when you get close to the Falls - it starts to incline.  Still, it's not too difficult and is worth the effort.

The pathway to the falls was very nice - a pretty stroll!


You walk all along the river, which is crystal clear!



This wasn't considered one of the falls, it was just some
water rushing over the rocks








This is the lowest falls

This is the middle falls, and the easiest to photograph



Top Falls

The top and middle falls together

I always forget that when I walk down a million steps,
that I will have to walk back up 2 million steps! 

I was not the only one enjoying this beautiful view.
There were lots of people at the Falls today.