Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Savannah, Georgia

I love almost everything about this town!  At every intersection, there are beautiful squares (parks) with lush greenery, beautiful historic statues, and moss everywhere.  It is a wonderful town to walk around.  I also love the old, historic buildings!!  Great place to visit.

I can't get enough of these wonderful, old buildings! 
























This is another thing I love about Savannah; all the green space!  There are squares all throughout the downtown area.   There are all kinds of history markers and statues in the squares telling something about Savannah history.














NICE CHURCH!








They just look SO silly!


Nice car!

This was an interesting tree; I have no idea what it is.  There doesn't seem to be any bark on it, it is just very smooth.  It was pretty.






Now, this is the part of Savannah I don't like.  In my opinion, this is cruely to animals; to make these poor horses haul around fat-assed humans!  Just once, I'd like to see the horses sitting in the buggy with the humans pulling them around!  It's so disgusting!








As if being hooked up to this buggy dragging these humans around isn't bad enough, the driver carries a whip [I assume] to beat the horses if they don't move fast enough.  Ugh!  PLEASE, someone give that stick to the horse to beat the human with!